All it takes to create an elegant concrete walkway for your home or business is ready mix concrete from your San Francisco supplier, a few tools, and a lot of stamina. When executed correctly, your new walkway will be crack-free, durable, and attractive. Here are three important tips for laying a concrete walkway:
Order the Right Amount of Concrete Before contacting your San Francisco ready mix concrete provider to order your concrete, be sure to take the proper measurements to determine how much concrete you will need. Coming up short on material as you’re working can put a huge damper in the process and the end results. To avoid this scenario, err on the side of caution and order a little bit more than your project requires.
Carefully Reinforce Your Support Structure Never underestimate the importance of a strong frame. In order for the forms to hold all of the concrete as it is poured in, they will need to be reinforced with a beam placed diagonally between two stakes. This diagonal beam, or “kicker”, will absorb any excess pressure placed outwards from the concrete, thereby containing it better.
Ask a Friend or Neighbor to Lend a Helping Hand As soon as you’ve ordered your ready mix concrete, try to track down a few skilled friends who can assist you with your upcoming project. Although you may think that you are capable of laying a concrete walkway alone, an extra set of hands could be just the thing you need to ensure that the concrete doesn’t dry before you’ve completed all of the necessary steps.
One more tip for laying your concrete is to ensure your own personal safety by wearing goggles, gloves, and long-sleeve shirts and pants. You can get all of the concrete you need to complete home improvement projects of any size here at A-1 Ready Mix Concrete . To place your order or to learn more about or services, call us at (888) 429-0767.
Here at A Tool Shed Equipment Rentals , our specialists can off their professional guidance and help you find the equipment and rental tools you need to complete your job. Learn more about outdoor heating and tree cutting equipment with these helpful resources.
- Keep in mind that outdoor heating should be handled with care. Get more information on outdoor propane heaters and safety tips from Propane 101 .
- Read this article from Top 100 Energies to learn about the benefits of different outdoor heating equipment .
- Take a look at this guide from Family Handyman on how to cut down a tree .
- Renting equipment can be more cost-effective for a tool like a chainsaw, especially if you won’t be using it too often. If you don’t know what to look for in a chainsaw, check out Home and Garden Ideas for some tips.
- When cutting down trees, follow these University of Minnesota Extension guidelines for safely and successfully operating a chainsaw. Get the right equipment and learn how to use it.
For more information on equipment rental services at our six different locations, contact A Tool Shed Equipment Rentals at (831) 359-4769.